Wednesday, June 24, 2009

One of my top favorite albums ever

This album is in my top 5 of all time. Unfortunately, i never got to see them live due to the death of their bassist. There is not a low point on this album anywhere. Yes, everyone has heard Got A Girl, but everyone should also check out Trip Along and their amazing 9 minute freak out called Prick. I can not recommend this album highly enough. I also have all of their other discs, including the hard to find EP's if anyone is interested. Just leave a mention in the comments or the c-box...

"This album sits right in the middle of my top ten albums of all time. Musically, the guitar playing, drumming, and vocals are all top notch and give you plenty to aspire towards. While at times some of the guitar lines are nothing technically amazing, they are creative and fit perfectly with the song. The drumming is the gem on this album and I love every minute of it. The vocals are uniquely Tripping Daisy's own and make this band stand out from the crowd.

Part pop, part hard rock, and mostly a perfect blend of the two, this album provides you with enough types of sound to keep you interested, but keeps them woven together so that it does not sound out of place.

"I Got a Girl" is of course the "hit" from the album, and by all means is the only reason I heard of this band in the first place. But I must say, "I Got a Girl" is the worst song on the album even though it has its moments instrumentally speaking. My favorites are "Motivation" - much quiter than most songs on the album but just beautiful in every way, "Step Behind" - very fun catchy song, but unique in its structure/arrangment, "Prick" - long prog rock style song with sick guitar riffs and some of the most amazing drumming on the album, and "High" - a nice peaceful song with some beautiful guitar lines which I have been told, although cannot confirm, was not originally a song to be on the album, but just a bit of a jam in the studio that was caught on tape, who knows (the lyrics to this song are the only ones missing in the album notes)?

That being said, every song is worth listening to and I have played this album start to finish in entirety hundreds of times. Other Tripping Daisy albums are good and worth listening to, but none of them capture the mix of hard rock, pop, and psychedelic sounds like this one does." (amazon.com)

Band Site: http://www.trippingdaisy.com
Tripping Daisy - I Am An Elastic Firecracker: http://lix.in/-4a2785

No comments:

Post a Comment